Re: [IPp] Questions - soon to be pumping

Hi Colleen,

* We have never had an issue with Harper trying to play with her pump as she
wears it on her back at the moment in the pocket of a bodysuit. Maybe when
she is toilet trained at wearing her pump at the front it will be a
different story but for now it is ine and we don't lock the pump either.

* Ummmmmmmmm I don't know the percentage! Too many numbers to remember! But
now on the pump, Harper has a daily total of humalog of between 5 and 8
units.

* You will get used to guesstimating certain carb counts. It isn't always
exact but you will get pretty close. Harper's appetite is pretty good but
she can take hours to eat! She likes to nibble and graze all day!

* We use minimed quicksets for Harper. In the early days we had a few kinked
sets, I would know from her level being very high and/or the pump saying no
delivery. I modified my insertion technique and we haven't had a kinked set
for a while now. I don't use the quick-serter anymore and make sure I have a
really big handful of fat at her buttock ready to insert!

* For lows I use honey. 1-2 teaspoons is enough followed by a breast feed.

* Harper wears the bodysuits from pumpwearinc. We ordered 2 of them to see
what they were like and we loved them. I then bought 10 more bodysuits just
from the local k-mart and sewed a pocket onto the back of them myself.

Good luck, just ask if anymore questions arise.

Michele