Re: [IPp] symptoms of a fast drop

Dan has the exact same symptoms as a low when he has a fast drop--for him,
that means shaky and sweaty.  That's why I like him to test before he
 corrects, so we know whether or not he is below range or has just dropped fast.
The
fast drops tend to come from high GI foods or high fat foods  eaten without
complex carbs or protein to balance, especially if he is  exercising after the
meal.

I don't see how any doctor can say that there is not a behavioral component
to lows.  Dan has the physical symptoms first, so we can usually catch  them,
but has on occasion been really irritable when out playing ball with his  dad
etc and has been low.  I know some type 1 adults who get balky when  low, so I
don't know why anyone would assume a child couldn't react that  way!

Mary
(mom of  Chris, 21, Carrie, 17, guardian of Mike, 17, and mom of Dan, 13, dx
4-01,  pumping Cozmo since 5-03)