[IPp] stomach virus - ketones

I have emailed my endo about this and will call her tomorrow - But how
worried should I be about my daughter having high ketones during a stomach
virus????  I took her to ER on Sat. night and she had 6 hours of IV fluids.
Her blood sugars are under control -- She won't/can't drink much fluid no
matter what I offer her.  She isn't throwing up or having diarrhea now.  Are
the high ketones going to hurt her if the blood sugars are not high also?
Sybil