Re: [IPp] 504 and school questions

In a message dated 2/11/2005 11:46:22 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

Hi, I  keep telling people you need to go thru your Special Education
department
and request an evaluation due to his disease, diabetes. After an  evaluation
is
done then they should draw up a "IEP" Individual Education  Plan just for your
child. It doesn't mean his stupid or slow, it means  because of the
fluctuating
blood sugars that happen constantly all day to a  growing child, they can't
concentrate and learn like others, they need a  little extra support. My
daughter
now is 15 and leveling out finally and on  pump. Don't be afraid of Spec. Ed.
its
there for you to take advantage of.  Remember you are your child's best
advocate.
Good Luck, you can email me  direct if you want, email @ redacted

What kind of evaluation does the special ed department do?

Mary(mom of  Chris, 21, Carrie, 17, guardian of Mike, 17, and mom of Dan, 13,
dx 4-01,  pumping Cozmo since 5-03)