[IPp] Re: Emla (LMX, EllaMax)

Hi Colleen,
Our insurance covers Emla cream.  Here in Canada it is OTC, so the pharmacy
just gives me a written receipt for it and I send it on to our insurance.
Recently they have had trouble processing it and I have to re-send.  They told
me to clearly mark on the receipt "diabetes supplies" so that they would know
what it was.  As "diabetes supplies" are a covered item, I consider anything
that I buy, that I wouldn't buy if she didn't have diabetes, to be eligible.
It would not be otherwise covered (eg for use for blood draws for non-dm
kids).  It has just about doubled in price over the past two years---really
annoying!

I always leave the Emla on Claire for about 90 minutes.  She seems to need
longer time than some kids.  I cover with IV3000, which we also use
occasionally for keeping sites on tight (like in summer when a lot of swimming
is being done).

Best of luck with little Will
Barbara.