[IPp] Emla (LMX, EllaMax)

I tried to fill a prescription for Emla cream, known now as LMX, and my
pharmacist told me that it's now over-the-counter (and $50.)  Have any of
you been able to get it paid for by your prescription plan?  The pharmacist
also said that there is a generic available by prescription, but my endo's
office wasn't aware of it.
Thank you,

Colleen
Type 1 since 1974, pumping since 1999
Mom to Will, 12 mos, diagnosed last week, soon to be pumping an IR1200