[IPp] surgery - tubes in ears

Hi, I have not posted for a while, I usually just read. Adam, who is 7, and
on the MM 508, is getting tubes in his ears for reocurring ear infections,
on Friday, May 14th. He will be in the hospital, under a general anasthetic
(sp??) and I was wondering how other families handled surgeries and not
eating, did they get put on a glucose IV?? Thanks for any info!

Linda, mom to Adam, 7, pumping MM 508 for 3 years!