Re: [IPp] Re: Too many blood tests

Yes, you have it exactly right!

If we had your situation at Paul's school, I would have certainly wanted him
to go to the nurse for tests and boluses during those snack times -- at least
when we first started the pump.

However, as you fine-tune Nicole's basals and boluses and you, Nicole and the
nurse become more familiar with the pump, she MIGHT be able to simply bolus
for the snack in the classroom without going to the nurse or, if you feel
Nicole is prepared for it or a teacher or teacher's aide is willing to help,
you might want to push to have her test and bolus for the snack in the

Good luck!

Janice, proud mom of Paul, DX 20 months, now 9 and pumping since age 6