[IPp] Pumps in School

I have a question regarding the responsibility of a public school when it
comes to a child on the pump that is too young to be responsible for their
pump.  Wow, that was a mouth full.  We have decided on a pump for my son who
will be starting Kindergarten in September.  He will be 5 years old.  At
first I was told that the school takes a "hands-off" approach to the pump.
Well, with more discussion they said they would do what was necessary.  Our
school district does not have a school nurse.  If you have been in this
situation please share your experiences with me.  I will also pose this
question to the Insulin Pumpers list.
Coreen - Livonia, MI
(Mom to Michael, 4, dx'd 7-01and Megan, 6)