Re: [IPp] Re: Too many blood tests

When Paul first started on the pump, we tested his blood sugar at least 10
times a day. He, too, would go to the nurses office often to be tested. I
never wanted to discourage him from trusting his own instincts about highs
and lows. I believe it's trial and error with our kids, too. They need to get
a sense of when they are high and low and need to be tested. When they go to
the nurse and are high (or low), it validates their awareness of their own
bodies. Based on those numbers, we continued to tinker with formulas to avoid
highs and lows at school. Now, at home and at school, we are down to four
tests per day most days -- with the exceptions of party days, extra activity
days, etc. Paul RARELY goes to the nurse except at lunch.

Good luck. Starting on the pump is challenging but well worth it.

Janice, proud mom of Paul, DX 20 months, now 9 and pumping since age 6