[IPp] I wonder what will come of paradigm?

I am on the verge of switching my husband and son to an UPGRADE to paradigm.
What I read makes it sound like a DOWN GRADE.  The company seems unfazed by
all the contact people have made with them regarding their product.  One
parent mentioned that they sent her out a refurbished paradigm.  How can this
kind of product be allowed?  It is a requirement that it works well - failure
is unacceptable in terms of life/health!  I just feel really upset about this
substandard service and product that the parents are talking about.  I wanted
a water proof pump.  My son is 6 and loves to get wet in the summer!  Now I
think I should just stick to the 508.