[IPp] Re:Too many blood tests

In a message dated 2/6/2003 8:47:19 PM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Has anyone else had this problem?  My 7 year old daughter wants to
> > test her blood sugar all the time.

As you have read in other responses, lots of kids test often at school and at
home.  And it can be a good thing, of course.
But I'm sensing that you are worried that perhaps she is being too obsessive
about it??  Only you can evaluate if this is the case.  Its not unusual for
diabetic kids to try to gain some control over themselves and this disease by
adopting obsessive compulsive type of  behaviours. Its a very draining
disease on one's psychological health.
Perhaps once she is really comfortable with her pump and its operation etc
she will relax and set up a testing schedule that everyone is comfortable

Best Wishes,
Barbara, Mum of Claire 8, pumping 22 months