[IPp] Re: weight gain and good control

I believe that there could be some weight gain with going from poor
control to good.  When the bs is high you can eat and not gain because
the cells are being attacked.  When your numbers are good, you can't
do that.  Also, insulin is a fat producing hormone, so if a child is
eating just to eat then they could definitely gain weight.  Keep the
good control and try eating less carbs or fat. It's like when our kids
are first diagnosed, many lose a lot of weight and after they start on
insulin they gain it all back.
There are always stomach crunches to get that belly in shape. LOL
mom to Andrew 10, dx 9/97
Red Hill, Pa.