RE: [IPp] Re: Child block feature

The H-tron has a basal and bolus lock on it-I can vouch for that!:O)  The
D-tron has a basal lock on it but not a bolus one, however, you really have
to know what your doing to give a bolus-it would take more than a child
playing with it to do that.  The pump also makes a loud "beep" if any button
is pushed so you'd be alerted from that (I've heard the beep from another
room, it's pretty audible!<G>).  It's never been an issue in my household,
Riley nor any of his equally inquisitive, curious sibs have ever touched it.
I think they inherintly know how important it is to not touch it.  I know
alot of other parents of young pumpers have talked about how amazing it is
their child doesn't mess with it, this was a big fear pre-pump for me that
Riley would accidentally give himself insulin.  I was reassured by other
Disetronic parents that their pump was child safe!:O)  ALL pumps have child
safety features or they couldn't be marketed for/to children kwim?  Btw, am
I the only D-pumper on this list?<G>

Take care,
Amy-mom to Tyler-9, Riley-6(dx'd 7-1-99pumping 21mos), Mason-4, Cailin
Rose-almost 3, & Lane-3 mos