From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of AM Leake
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 7:52 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPp] lancing devices and lancets

Angela,
We tried the OT lancet device that came with the Ultra.  Jeremy decided he
liked the BD lancets better (I think they are thinner, and BD advertises
them as the thinnest available, if I remember the ad correctly) and we use
the BD lancing device, but I know that other lancing devices can be used
with the BD lancets. Jeremy said that he thinks the BD device is "springier"
and hurts less.  I go with whatever he wants, since it's his fingers feeling
it all.  I do keep extra BD lancing devices in the house, because I never
know when school or Jeremy will report that the device is not working like
it used to....

We love the OT Ultra.  Only prob is that we do get Error 5 nessage a few
times per week.  (I think that's the one for not getting enough blood on
there quick enough).   Jeremy has started to let us know when he thinks the
meter is wrong -- he is feeling low, but we get 100-ish on the meter.  Sure
enough, I see there is still a tiny spot that was not filled with blood, we
retest with a new strip, and get the 60-ish reading he was feeling.

I hope this helps. Just our opinions here...

-- Allison