[IPp] Freestyle

On a different note, has anyone tried or have any opinions on the Freestyle
meter, by TheraSense?

We've used the Freestyle for a year now and really like it!:O)  It IS much
less painful because there is less nerve endings on your arm than on your
fingers.  I've personally tried it and I barely felt anything.  Riley does
get little red bumps sometimes and occasional bruise but for us, sparing the
fingers which might be needed as a profession later in life for the use of
touch (such as a surgeon, etc) is worth any small marks on his arms now
kwim?  I don't want him to have scarred, calloused fingers by the time he is
an adult especially since we test so often.  We do use fingers when we
suspect a low or we get a funny number-that's the downside to it, the blood
sugar changes show up in the fingers first and alternate places later.  I
use toes at night.  I also like how it uses the smallest amt of blood-about
the size of a pin head.  However, this is a YMMV and the Freestyle is great
for us-if you can get ahold of a free one it'd be worth trying at least!:O)

Take care,
Amy-mom to Tyler-9, Riley-6(dx'd 7-1-99&pumping 20mos), Mason-4, Cailin
Rose-almost 3, & Lane-3 mos