From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf Of
email @ redacted
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 7:55 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IPp] Freestyle Meter and kids

We tried this one and I was really looking forward to using alternate
test sites for my daughter, age 6.  She said it felt about the same as
fingersticks, but it left little red spots, like little scabs, for a day
or so every time we tried to use her arms.  She didn't like that.  We now
use the One Touch Ultra, which I really like because it has such a wide
temperature range and it's so quick.  I think the Ultra is approved for
alternate site testing, but I'm not sure.  We stopped looking for
alternate sites because Lauren decided she prefers using her fingers
anyway.  She liked the lancet that came with the Freestyle, though.
That's just our experience.  As I've seen many times on this website,
YMMV.
Karen