Re: [IPp] pump comparison

In a message dated 2/25/2002 8:06:45 PM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Couple of things 1) the Paradigm delivers in 0.05 unit steps

I'd verify this with Minimed -- I had someone say this on another list and
then have several other Minimed pumpers (citing their own MM Reps) say that
it was not true . . .

That Paradigm offers some nice features:  really small, uses a readily
available battery, and is waterproof.  The limited cartridge size (only
holding 150 units) is definitely an issue for some pumpers.  But the biggest
problem I have is those darn proprietary infusion sets . . . I would not like
to be limited on only the three types of sets that Minimed is choosing to
manufacture with the special Paradigm connection -- especially with the some
of the new infusion sets that are in the pipeline and set to be released in
the next year or so . . .

I've never heard a good explanation as to why MM decided to depart from the
industry standard leur lock connection (I know theyd id it to achieve a
waterproof pump, but obviously that's not the only way since Animas &
Disetronic both managed to engineer waterproof pumps without doing that).

Just my 2 cents . . .

Pumpmama to Katie (11) happily pumping since 6-1-01 with her Animas pump