Re: [IPp] Velosulin Question...

> My friend, Liz, is unable to post to the insulin pumpers list
> because of problems with her ISP.  She asked me to post this
> question for her:
> I asked my diabetes team if any of their pumpers use a mixture of
> humalog and velosulin to prolong the life of the infusion set.  They
> said no, none of them do.  In fact, they had not heard about this
> mixture and would like to look into it.
> Does anyone know a reference where my team can read about pumping
> humalog and velosulin?
> Thanks in advance,
> Liz

Hi Liz,

The only data collected is by Insulin Pumpers. Our data indicates
that at least 6% of pumping Humalog users experience this kind of
problem and have solved it successfully using a mix. There is some
science behind this and I would be happy to share it with the docs.
Have anyone from the medical team contact me by phone or email and
I'll do my best.

There are almost 800 pumpers in our sample so that is very
representative of the 3600 members of the forum. The data is solid.

Insulin Pumpers
4600 El Camino Real - Suite 206
Los Altos, CA 94022
Tel: 650 947-3350