[IPp] night corrections

12yo Summer hates glucotabs.  I did it again last night.  She woke up
low, was ravenous and asked for a slice of apple with peanut butter.  I
gave it to her, but it is such a slow carb she was miserable waiting for it
to kick in.  I don't use apple juice for the same reason - she is miserable
because it doesn't satisfy.  What do you do for nighttime corrections?  I
worry that she may be low sometime and I won't hear her call, and she
won't get corrected or be able to open the juice box in a low/tired/stupor.
I also have to admit I am tired of getting up in the night and going out
into the kitchen for these snacks.  Help!!