RE: [IPp] Vacation Q

First, pack three times as much as you think you're going to need in terms
supplies, snacks, juices, etc.. You're going by car so this is not a problem
and you will be glad to have plenty of familiar stuff available.

This is good to know!:O)

Second, don't assume you can guess ahead of time what his BG's are going to
do (so just plan test frequently and adjust as you go).  Pumps are so easily
adapted to changing sircumstances - just take adavantage of that and ENJOY
your vacation!

Thanks for telling me this, I was trying to second guess what he'd do and
try to make adjustments beforehand but I'm glad to know to plan on adjusting
as we go-this will make me a little more relaxed about it!:O)  I'm planning
on enjoying it but this will be our first real outing with D in 2 1/2 yrs so
I'll probably be a bit stressed.  It will help that dh will be there as my
parents so we can take turns (my parents raised a D child-my sis was dx'd at
age 3).  Is it ok to just plan on letting him run a bit higher?  I think I
won't correct as often and probably leave him around 200 during the day.

Third, pack an alarm clock that you know how to operate -- you're going to
want to do some night time checks and there's nothing more frustrating than
trying to count on some stupid hotel alarm clock.  Also, make arrangements
for a refrigerator ahead of time.  If you tell them you need it to store you
son's insulin in, they probably won't even charge you.

Good ideal!!!  Could we be seeing some delayed hypo's at night you think?  I
night check anyway but I might do at least 2 (instead of 1) to head off any

Fourth, consider doing all your theme park time in the mornings and
 Adults can trade off who gets to nap with the little ones in the hotel room
in the afternoon and who takes the older kids to the pool.

This sounds lovely!!:O)  We're going to be staying at a Marriott double
Suite so it's kind of like a small apt-I know the kitchen will come in
handy!  My parents get this for $99 for 4 nights/5 days plus a booklet of
coupons just to hear a sales pitch for 90 minutes.  I would love to just veg
in a pool and I'm sure the kids would like that bit of unwinding too.  I
think the morning and evening is the best anyway temp wise too.  I'm sure I
will be volunteering for quite a few nap duties too! LOL!

Fifth -- make SURE you and your hubby get to go on SEVERAL "dates" (no
excuses!  This is a family vacation and the best way to make sure you stay a
family is to take care of your marriage!)

I never even thought of this I'm embarrassed to say!!!!!:O)  Dh doesn't like
to leave Riley because he's scared no one else can care for him but my
parents have been doing a great job with him lately since I gave them a Word
document that outlines everything and anything.  I think I'm going to make
plans for him and I to eat at Emeril's!!!!!!!!!!!<G>  Thank you so much for
taking the time to type this info up.  I'm going to compile all this, print
it and carry it in a folder while packing.

Take care,
Amy-mom to Tyler-8, Riley-6(dx'd 7-1-99&pumping 20mos), Mason-4, Cailin
Rose-almost 3, & Lane-2 mos