[IPp] Re: infusion sets not lasting

In a message dated 2/21/2002 6:33:17 PM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Kim,
> What is the "sandwhich method"?  :)
> - -- Allison

Oh Alllison I'm sorry.  I should have explained what it was. The sandwhich
method is simply inserting the Infusion set through a piece of tape.
Ashley uses the IV3000 tape.  We also use Bard because she rashes so easy.
First we wipe on the Bard.  Then we put on an IV3000 tape.  Then we insert
the infusion set through the tape.  Then we put on the bumpy tape with the
hole in it over the infusion set going in the same direction as the IV3000
tape.  Then the last tape with the hole in it going in the opposite
direction.  After we had several kinked canulas several people on the Insulin
Pumpers list suggested the sandwhich method to us & it works like a charm.
It also protects Ashleys skin from the adhesive on the infusion set.

 Kim...........Mom of Ashley 10 yrs old(diabetic for 5 years & pumping