Re: [IPp] tips

In a message dated 2/21/2002 7:56:55 AM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> How about if each of us share a tip or two on what we have done to make
> caring for a child with diabetes a little easier.

To help make set changes go faster (and so I don't have people always asking
me "where's the 'this,' where's the 'that'?", I have a "set change" box on
top our fridge (where Katie can reach it, but the 4 year old cant!).

It has the bottle of Mastisol, the Quick Serter, the currently open bottle of
room temperature insulin, & the tube of antibiotic ointment that we use each
set change plus I stock it with cartridges and ziploc baggies which each
contain the consummables needed for one set change (a Quick-set, and IV Prep,
a Q-tip for the Mastisol, and a Unisolve).

With two of us working together, we can now fill a cartridge, prime the
tubing, and change her set in 5 or 6 minutes . . . (and it only takes a few
minutes more if she has to do it all herself).  And since we only have to do
this every three days, this is why I feel justified in saying that pumping is
less more (and definitely less stress) than MDI -- YMMV

Pumpmama to Katie (11, email @ redacted) happily pumping with her Animas pump "Elvis"
since 6-1-01