[IPp] Re: infustion sets not lasting

In a message dated 2/21/2002 6:57:09 AM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> My daughter (age 7) has been experiencing problems lately with her infusion
> sets needing to be changed practically every day.  We currently use Comfort
> sets and was wondering if anyone out there uses the new Quick Sets and do
> you think this might solve the problem?  Or perhaps we should switch from
> Humalog to Novalog?  Lawren has been on the pump now for a year and this
> problem with infusion sets has just started the past two months.  We are
> getting discouraged.  We see the endocrinologist tomorrow morning and I
> wanted some "background" information from you experienced pumpers so I can
> discuss different possibilities.  Thank you.

HI Barb,
  I'm wondering why you have to change them every day?  I remember we had
several bent canula's when Ashley first started.  She was also getting rashes
on her tummy.  We started using the sandwhich method & no more bent canula's.
 Also stopped the rash.  But, maybe you are having an absorbtion problem.  If
that is the case the Novolog might help you out with that.  Ashley's sites
have been lasting 4 days with the Novolog.  It is wonderful!!!

 Kim...........Mom of Ashley 10 yrs old(diabetic for 5 years & pumping