[IPp] Traveling

I traveled this past week (by plane) with my 12 year old pumper.  Just thought I would share one thought.  If you have the ability set your child's pump to "vibrate" mode for the trip.  On our return trip the plane was very noisy and it was not till we landed and the plane engines were shut down that my son heard his pump alarms.  He had a low battery alarm, a no delivery alarm and a low volume alarm!  We got home fine, but if the flight had been any longer it would have not been good.

As far as blood checks without waking.  Sometimes we succeed sometimes not.  The best is if he is sleeping on his stomach and I can easily get  him to hang one arm over the edge of his bed - get that blood flowing down hill.

Good luck to everyone.

Jocelyn, Brian's mom dx 7/1/99 pumping 3/1/01