[IPp] Re: Novolog change

In a message dated 2/18/2002 6:01:38 PM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Barb,
> I wouldn't be surprised if you read a post or a few from me about Novolog in
> the pump!  I thought mixing insulin was no big deal, since we've done it in
> some form or another since Luke was dx'd, but wow, it is just easier to not
> have to do that step.  Plus I'm such a huge fan of Novolog for 2 big reasons
> for Luke (which of course may not apply to others - YMMV): it eliminated his
> site sensitivity & it has reduced the likelihood of ketone development.  On
> Humalog & even the Humalog/Regular mix (5:1 ratio, then went to 4:1), his
> sites
> had an increasing daily average - first day was great, 2nd okay, and 3rd was
> higher.  On Novolog, his 3 - 4 days are "steady" - there is no trend from
> the
> site.  His sites heal faster & Novolog just seems to absorb better in Luke -
> his endo agrees.  On Humalog, if he had a b.g. of 240 [mg/dL] then he would
> show ketones.
> On Novolog, he can have a b.g. of 412 (like he did this afternoon when a
> belly

Hi there,
  We also switched over to Novolog. I am really pleased with it.  Ashley's
sites last up to 4 days.  Her sites also heal faster.  We had a blood sugar
the other day of over 600.  Showed up as Hi on the gluke.  We had no ketones.
 Ashley had forgot to bolus for lunch at school.  By the time I got her home &
 checked her she was Hi.
  I am really impressed with the Novolog & would not switch back to Humalog
for nothing.

 Kim...........Mom of Ashley 10 yrs old(diabetic for 5 years & pumping