[IPp] re: sick days on pump

<<From: email @ redacted
I don't know about anyone else but I found
that sick days are a world easier on the pump.>>

I agree 100%.  Luke's only been sick 2 times since going
on the pump (pretty good for 11 months!) but it's so
much easier because when he doesn't feel like eating,
he doesn't have to.  Also, on the pump he's used to
monitoring his b.g. more often, so that doesn't seem
like extra work when he's sick.  And best of all correction
boluses to keep ketones away are not through injections.
We hated having to give him extra shots when he already
felt sick before.  And then there's the luxury of being
able to let him sleep in.  As I'm sure most kids with DM
do, he sleeps through b.g. checks & correction boluses &
can eat glucose tabs or drink juice without fully waking as well.

It's a relief to be able to help Luke w/ something that
makes dealing with DM a little easier, especially when he
doesn't feel good.

Shelly V, mom to Luke, 7, dx'd 10/99, pumping 3/01 & Trevor 11
& Kate 8

Do You Yahoo!?