[IPp] Re: Saline Run

Hi Allie --
My DD has been pumping almost a year now and she is also 4 like your JayJay.
We LOVE pumping and wouldn't do this disease any other way.  It amazes me
just how resistant docs are to pumping the little ones when they are the ones
who need it so desperately.  Everyone tells you let them eat what and when
they want, yeah right like you can do that when they are on MDI.  Never
happens.  One of the last things I told my endo before he gave in and agreed
to let her pump was that when he wrote my next Rx for supplies to write her
one for an eating disorder because she was walking right down that path.  Now
she eats just like any other little kid.  Some days a lot of food, some days
nothing at all -- or so it seems.  I don't know about anyone else but I found
that sick days are a world easier on the pump.  Prior to pumping we had been
in the hospital twice because of possible DKA while sick.  We just went
through a really bad bout of the flu in January...what a breeze
comparatively.  Wow have I rambled...sorry all.  Anyway, if you have any
questions feel free to email me directly and I would be happy to help!  Best
of luck to you!

BTW we are also on CWD!  I had a feeling many of us would be here!  It's a
good thing!  :0)

Tammy, wife to David
Mom to Shannon 4, dx'd 2/99, pumping 3/01
& Kaitlyn, 1 1/2 and running wild!