[IPp] Static electricity

       Marisa (12) got into the car after school today and her pump alarm
went off.  She had an E-13 and all the basals and time and date were wiped
out.  (MM508)  It was no problem for her to just reset the clock and date and
set basals at .4 until she got home to look them up, but was a bit
inconvenient.  This is the first time she had an error alarm so looked in the
MM manual and couldn't find E-13.  I decided to call MM, even though all
seemed OK and the support rep was the one that told me it was static
electricity,  He read me off a whole list of things that could have caused
the static.  Interesting--- We had never had a problem before and she did
have it in the black leather case.  (She sometimes doesn't.)  She's been
using this MM508 since July, 2001.  Previous to that she used 2 Disetronic
Htrons for 3 years and never had any static problems.  This could be a bit
annoying if it happened often.  Let's hear from other MM598 pumpers--- How
often has that happened to your child's pump?