[IPp] Saline run

Hi there,
My name is Allie and my son JayJay just turned 4. He was dx'd @ 11 months
of age and he got hooked up for a saline trial this morning. We're all
a bit excited and a lot nervous. So many questions...

We had a lesson on how to operate the pump and were given instructions
to bolus for meals and snacks, "correct" for highs, disconnect for baths,
and lots of other fun stuff. Can't wait to do it for real. We usually
swing from about 40 to 400 on most days. UGH!

I've been an IP member for a while now but usually just read other peoples'
posts and don't write in. Just trying to get as much info as possible
ahead of time. Forgive me for going on like this, but this is such a
big deal, I've been trying to convince our team to let us do this for
nearly 2 years now. They think I'm nuts for wanting to put someone so
young on the pump. I can't see any valid reasons for waiting. The chances
of complications just go up if we wait.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know some pump parents, especially
those who've had little ones on the pump.

Bye for now...

Mom to JayJay, age 4, dx'd @ 11 mos.
Sadie, age 2.5
and Alden, 6.5 months old