Re: [IPp] how long a wait?

In a message dated 2/15/2002 5:25:54 PM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> we just waited a few weeks...pump arrived two weeks before start...but
>  I think it was because I pushed so hard..

Yes, there are some benefits to being a squeaky wheel .  .  . or, at least in
my case, the very vocal mom -- If I hadn't pushed as hard as I did (including
demanding a change to an endo who would put kids under 13 on a pump), Katie
wouldn't even have been considered for a pump for two more years! . . . Three
and a half years on MDI and I can guarantee you I'd be paying so big therapy
bills for her -- the injections were VERY stressful her (even though she did
all her own injections after the first month because prefered to be in
control) and the daily swings in her BGs (despite pretty good control were
wrecking havoc on her emotions . . .

It took us 2 months to get insurance approval (our first request was denied).
 We got our pump about 2 weeks after that and did our saline trial about 3
weeks later(may a little longer, I can't rememeber now), followed by insulin
start a week after that.

Pumpmama to Katie