[IPp] What a great idea

Hi folks,

This is the first POP digest I have received, and I don't know what happens
regarding our regular IP profile.  I am the mom of a now 13 yr old pumper
(pumping 3 years).  Erica is known as the Canadian Butterfly, because she went
from a caterpillar to a beautiful FREE butterfly once she went on the pump.
Name sort of stuck :)

Since Erica went on the pump 3 years ago at our children's hospital, over 50
children have been *hooked up*.  As a result of our experience with pumping,
and meeting such wonderful people such as Jana Church (also from Nova Scotia)
I started our own pumping website, and have also founded Insulin Pumpers Nova
Scotia which is a pumpers group that meets approx every 2 months, but keeps in
touch via email/phone between meetings.  It is people like Jana who help make
this happen.  It is incredibly rewarding.

Pumping RULES!!!!  It isn't perfect, we all know that, but I couldn't imagine
Erica having any type of control over these hormones on MDI.  Actually, I
couldn't imagine having any type of control over ERICA if she was on MDI.  I
can just picture the struggles we would be having...shudder.  The main thing
we deal with now, and someone else brought this up at our last meeting, is the
fact that Erica seems to forget she has diabetes :)  That in itself is
fantastic, but she requires a LITTLE reminding from time to time.

I am glad to be here, and hope to be *talking* to y'all soon!

Barb Chafe
Insulin Pumpers Nova Scotia
Mom to Erica, a Canadian Butterfly
Visit our pumping website via