Re: [IPp] Tough one to figure out....

Okay, this is probably left of centre. I am a novice pump mamma so this may
be rot. Reading your mail reminded me of Grace on injections (9weeks ago).
There were fluctuations in her insulin resistance that sometimes made sense
and others didn't, but could still follow a pattern. Grace attends
osteopathy and the osteopath noted that there was a registering in the
tissues of her sites ("trauma"), so we moved to the leg as I could feel the
butt was toughening and numbers were creeping upward too. Changing sites, I
have noticed a difference if it coincides with a bath. My understanding is
that heat affects absorption. Grace has pulled lows on me the nights of site
changes and then reverted to a steady pattern. I have been putting it down
to the "shock" of the site change and that shock often brings her down.
Stress sends her high. The other thought I had about it is that disturbing
the old site may release insulin from the tissues. As of recently,I leave
the old site in for 12 hours, to allow for a failed new site and since
starting that there are less patterns of dropping after change. Will watch
it closer. I had started to relax in my record keeping as we are happy just
now and I'm exhausted but I'll watch it again.
A question that baffles me is where does the unused insulin go? If I normal
bolus something that is slower release and Grace starts going high... I find
myself trying to figure out where the insulin went as she rarely goes low in
between?
I sometimes feel it is the greatest irony that my life is now equations and
reasoning......... I was lousy at math!
Wishing you the best
Mir
Mum to Grace pumping Bomba Wanda the bolus fairy 9weeks. Quicksets and 512.
And Brian 9yrs