Re: [IPp] Re: saline trial

Michelle - Good point. It's SO easy to become dependent on electronics, but
ultimately our kids will need to know how to calculate boluses manually for
those rare times the pump doesn't work and we have to give a shot. Also,
once they're old enough to do everything themselves, they need to be able to
do a quick reasonability calculation in their head to verify what the pump
suggests.

A lot of meals, Sarah will ask me to guess the bolus before she tells me
what it actually is (a must before she pushes deliver). I never really
thought about how that benefits her but I suppose my doing the rough math
out loud is teaching her. Now that I realize her little game is educational,
I'll ask her to guess the bolus, too, as she gets older and can do the math
in her head.

Pam, mom to Sarah, age 8, dx'd 1/03, pumping Cozmo since 3/04