[IPp] Re: saline trial

In a message dated 12/3/2004 10:31:28 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

3. I  think there is a 3rd reason the saline start is important. When kids
pump
-  - they enter all snacks...even a 2 gram snack...into the pump. That is a
big
difference from having several 15 gram freebie snacks on lantus. The  saline
start helped get Jennifer used to entering the grams into the pump  prior to
eating a meal or snack

Another comment:  not everyone is using this type of pump.  We  opted not to
upgrade because Jesse does just fine without it.  We do not  enter carbs and
we do not rely on the pump to tell us...I've heard it's  great...but we like
Jesse having to figure it out for himself.

:)Michelle