[IPp] Re: Saline Trial

I agree with Michael that the saline trial is a waste of time (for younger
kids). We weren't even offered that but would have refused it if we had
been. The benefit the kids see IMMEDIALTELY with the pump - that the saline
trial can't provide - is no more shots and the freedom that provides. I also
agree about the age thing - Sarah was seven when we started and I would not
have given her a choice of not pumping since she is too young to understand
the long-term benefits. You're the parent and you know what's best - Present
the entire process as what WILL BE (as opposed to it being a choice) and
your confidence will reassure her, whether she shows it or not. Therefore,
like Michael, I see no reason to do the trial. Just dive in and you'll both
do great!!

Pam, mom to Sarah, age 8, dx'd 1/03, pumping Cozmo since 3/04