[IPp] Saline trial

> My 8 year old daughter is scheduled to attend a pump class at Children's
> Hospital on Dec. 6 and then start a saline trial with Animas on Dec. 13.
> It has taken us 6 months to get just this far. I am getting a little
> concerned although, because I have heard from Children's Hospital and few
> parents, whose kids have done a saline trial, that many kids hated wearing
> the pump after only 24 hours or less and refused to get one.

My opinion is that a saline trial for an 8yo is a waste of time. There is
no positive feedback for the work involved and saline "stings".  Since
you are the one that will be doing the pump management, it might be very
useful for YOU to do the saline trial in her place. I suspect you might
be able to quite easily figure out how to do that without upsetting the
"powers that be".

Michael