[IPp] Re: Hard living Diabetes update

While I hope this is a false alarm for you....

If it isn't, you will be SO much better able to deal with it than you
were for your first child's diagnosis!

One thing I will suggest however is that, if your daughter is diagnosed
as diabetic, that you decide VERY QUICKLY whether you want to
participate in one of several clinical trials that are ongoing for
NEWLY DIAGNOSED type 1 diabetics.  Because type 1 diabetes is (usually)
an autoimmune disease, there is some hope that, if caught VERY early,
it could be possible to slow or halt the progression of the disease.
This is NOT yet anywhere near standard of care - but the biology of it
makes sense.

There is a government-sponsored list which should include every
clinical trial ongoing in the US, at:  http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/
Just search for "type 1 diabetes".  You will note that MANY of the
trials are only for NEWLY diagnosed type 1 diabetics - within a month
of diagnosis.  The list will give you a contact person for further
information about any of the trials that might interest you.

Best wishes.
- Maria
pumpmama to 2-y.o. Sigrid, dx'd @ 11 mos., pumping since 17 mos.