RE: [IPp] Cole's A1c...

> Hi Rachel,
>  I'm glad to hear of your son's A1c. My daughter was just recently
>  5.9. I had
> the same experience that you did. They wanted to get a social worker
> for me saying that it was too much testing.

When you should test

On waking
before meals or snacks
2-3 hours post-prandial
before exercise
during exercise - periodically
2-3 hours after exercise
before bed
every 20-30 minutes when low until bg's stabalize
before driving or operating heavy equipment
every 1hour while driving or operating heavy equipment

The first reasons are health issues for good control i.e. see DCCT
The last two are for the safety of you and others