[IPp] Re: Up date on Alyssa

Dear Gina,
I hope that things turn out well for your daughter.  You never know.  When I
was trying to get Claire on a pump I was in e-mail contact with a mum whose
other daughter (non-DM)  was ill and she tested her and found a high bg.  Of
course the mum was devasted.  She was thoroughly tested out at the hospital
and didn't have DM.  They just told her that sometimes during illness bgs
are elevated.  It just isn't usually noticed in families without any worries
about such things.  Lets hope this is the case for your girl as well.  But
if its worse, be brave.  You are a great mom, and you WILL be able to handle
it.  Even though I don't personally know that many families with DM kids, so
many of the ones I do know in person have two kids diagnosed.  They have
joked about mixing up the insulin doses between kids.

Best of luck tomorrow.
Barbara, Mum of Claire 9

<<No, DR didn't send her urine out. I hope that's all is. I couldn't handle
with D.>>