Re: [IPp] hard living with diabetes

Sounds like your daughter feels she losing your attention to her younger
 brother. I suggest you have a serious talk with her alone, and make a deal to
a "girls day" once a month.  No matter what, once a month the two of you
 ALONE will have a whole day to just the two of you, doing fun girlie things. I
suggest you start this soon.  My daughter is almost 9 and I've been doing this
with her for about six months now and what a big difference, she hasn't
mentioned my sons diabetes at all and is so happy that we can our alone time
 together. She really feels closer to me and I to her and it has made a world of
difference..for the better of course.
I know we as mothers try to treat our children equally, but when one of our
children has an illness, we tend to concentrate more on them and the illness,
rather than on the rest of the family. We don't mean to hurt anyone, our
 "mother mode" just takes over and we run on auto pilot. Sometimes we need these
little reminders that we have other children that may not have an illness, but
have just as many needs and feelings as our children with diabetes have.
Good Luck,
Sarah  :)   Single- Mom to Matthew (7) MM Paradigm since May 2002, dxd 3/99
and Victoria (8, turning 9 on Dec. 23rd) Non-D...Love My kids!