[IPp] Basal lead time

Hello everyone,

If you see a period that you suspect needs higher basal coverage, how far
ahead of that time period would you recommend increasing the basal rate.
I have read three hours (I think in Pumping Insulin).  My pump trainer
said an hour.  I have also read that the smaller the incremental change,
the sooner it needs to be made.  My daughter's basals are extremely low -
0.15 u/hr of U25 (so 0.0375 u/hr of U100).  That is currently her basal
rate 24/7.

Also, how long would you wait before making a change?  For example, how
many days in a row would you want to see a consistent high before making
a change?  If there is no consistent pattern, I guess I assume it is due
to variables beyond control - like variability in a 4-year-old's activity

Suggestions and ideas always appreciated!

-Natalie Rodgers
Mom to Andrea 4 (dx 1/28/03, pumping Cozmo 10/2/03),
             Alicia 2, and Carlos 6 months
Married to Tom for over 7 fabulous years
Salt Lake City, UT