Re: [IPp] Hello everyone

The pump battery generally lasts about a month.  If you buy an 8 pack of
the AAA's,
then you always have them available, and it's easy for my daughter to
My daughter loves the pump!  The BD glucomter that is linked to the pump
just now
ran out of its battery (probably 3 months) so went and got one of those
today at lunch hour.  (She has a back-up
One Touch Ultra so when she tests and needs to bolus for food or
correction - she just has
to plug in her reading in the pump - instead of it already knowing -
which is nice!)
Only thing is that sometimes the meter (BD), gives us an ERR 3 and she
has to repoke and
use new strip, etc.  We didn't have that problem with her One Touch;
 but we do like the fact
that the pump can calculate and give you suggested correction and bolus
for certain amount of carbs.,
especially for my 11 year old who sometimes can't seem to do the math in
her head when she is too busy
to concentrate!

We use Novolog, which generally lasts the entire 3 days before we change
sites, whereas Humalog
always seemed to get "too warm from body heat"?? and she ran high until
we finally changed sites.

Good luck!
Cathy in Kansas, Mom to Rachel 11, dx diabetes 9/93, celiac 1/02,
pumping 10/02