Re: [IPp] Low Blood Sugars

You could try what we do, from 3am-7am, my son needs very little insulin,
we pump with the Cozmo which has a .05 basal as the smallest increment. We
alternate hours .00, .05, .00, .05, it imitates a .025 basal rate and has
been working wonderfully for a few weeks now. But you could set it for .00,
.10, .00, .10 etc...to imitate a '.05 basal rate.' When we had it set to
.00 for those hours, I worried about keytones.
Good luck, hope this helps.

Deborah Pisciotta

  Michael
  <email @ redacted To: email @ redacted
  g> cc:
  Sent by: Subject: Re: [IPp] Low Blood Sugars
  email @ redacted
  pumpers.org
  12/10/2003 01:37 PM
  Please respond to
  Parents-of-Pumpers

> Well the problem with my adjusting his basal is that he is already
> on 0.1
>  u/hr and that is the smallest basal on the Paradigm 511. I'd hate
>  to run him at
> zero because I heard that it could clog up the line.

It won't. When my daughter first started pumping, she ran a basal of
0.0 for 5 hours a day.

Michael