[IPp] Low Blood Sugars

Hi everyone,

Quick question.  For the past two days at school my son has had some lows
 starting in the 60's and the school nurse has done exactly as she's been
which is to give my son a 40z or 15gram juice and re-test in 15 min.
 However, for the past two days, after the 15 minutes, he's gone even lower,
done in
to the low 50's. So she gives another juice followed by a 15 gram granola bar
and then finally after about 45 minutes, he goes up to the 90's.  Then....two
hours later, he's in the low 200's, so she corrects and then in two more hours
he's fine.  This has only just happened the past two days at school...BUT,
 tonight at home he was 56 at bedtime, so I gave him a juice that was 24 grams
carbs and waited a half hour to re test and he went down to 50, so I gave
 another juice and a mini chocolate candy from Halloween. I am now going to wait
 another half hour and re test again. He is not sick and does not act like he is
getting sick...so I am totally stumped.  I have never encountered this in the
almost five years that he's had Diabetes. He has always responded very well
to a 15 gram juice box and never had highs two hours later.  Any ideas as to
 what this is all about? Have any of you had the same experience. Oh, and my son
is seven years old and weighs about 60 lbs. He is on the lean side and tall
for his age.
Thanks so much..
Sarah  :)   Single- Mom to Matthew (7) MM Paradigm since May 2002, dxd 3/99
and Victoria (8, turning 9 on Dec. 23rd) Non-D...Love My kids!