[IPp] re: Humalog vs. Novolog

snip:: We use quicksets and Novolog (known as Novorapid in Canada) and whereas
Oliver's numbers were always terrible after day 2 on Humalog, suddenly
with Novorapid we are always getting steady numbers right through day 3
and even into day 4. ::

We see the same difference on Novolog for our son vs. terrible results on
Humalog.  He's been pumping for over 2.5 years now, with over 2 years on
Novolog.

We did use QuickSets but eventually as he grew leaner & leaner, we had to
switch to Silhouettes.  While very very scary looking for a 1st grader, he got
used to them pretty quickly and he REALLY likes that we can count on them to
work.  We have several frustrating, very high days with ketones due to
QuickSets failing on us, especially on the abdomen.

Regards,
Shelly V., mom to Luke, 9, dx'd 10/99, pumping 3/01 MM508 + Sils + Novolog