Re: [IPp] Diluting Novolog

We don't dilute, my son is 2 and his TDD is about 5-6 units. We just cannot
use all the features on the Cozmo, we do all the math ourselves. The
upgrade should fix that. I have mixed feelings on diluting, we did when we
were on shots. The last time I had to do the dilution I did two bottles
(one for us and one for daycare), I put all the diluent in one bottle and
none in the other. At least I think this is what I did. This could have had
horrible consequences had I not noticed the levels in each bottle were
different. I threw them both away and started over. It scared me enough not
to fight for diluted insulin in our pump, I asked and our nurse said it's
not approved so they don't do it (although I know they do plenty that's not
FDA approved-whatever). I'll do the math.

Deborah Pisciotta
Reimbursable Engineer-Springfield, Worcester & Framingham
413 787-0312

  "Natalie G Rodgers"
  <email @ redacted> To: email @ redacted
  Sent by: cc:
  email @ redacted Subject: [IPp] Diluting Novolog
  12/06/2003 03:07 PM
  Please respond to

Does anyone out there dilute Novolog with the Lilly (Humalog) diluent?
Just wondering.  We switched to Humalog when we switched to a pump - had
always used NPH and Novolog before.  We MUST dilute for our daughters
low, low basal rates, but I would be interested in trying to dilute

-Natalie Rodgers
Mom to Andrea 4 (dx 1/28/03, pumping Cozmo 10/2/03),
             Alicia 2, and Carlos 6 months
Married to Tom for over 7 fabulous years
Salt Lake City, UT

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!