[IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #496

We have used the Quick-sets on Sigrid (now 2) for over 7 months, and
we've only had a crimped cannula once or twice.  BUT- we have never
used it in her tummy, only in her upper or side of buttock, and side of
the thigh.  There have been a LOT of posts on this list about crimped
cannulas when Quick-sets are used in the tummy for small children, so I
would stay away from that until Justin is a lot bigger.

I seem to remember you had indicated that Justin had pulled his sites
off?  This will be harder for him to do if you use a strong adhesive in
addition to the site itself.  We use Skin-prep wipes and have never had
a site come off, even in the bathtub - except for a few times when  we
had used Ela-Max cream and hadn't washed it off.   If you do use
Ela-Max (or EMLA), I'd strongly recommend that you wash it off before
putting the site on (the skin will still be numb), because in our
experience the cream keeps the site from sticking well.  Mastisol seems
to be the strongest adhesive I've heard anyone talk about; it
definitely requires its own solvent to remove (you can't just peel off
the site as with Skin-prep).

Hopefully you have the inserter for the Quick-sets?  It's not
absolutely necessary, but it does put the site in FAST - and as soon as
it's in, it doesn't hurt anymore.  I'd really recommend getting the
inserter if you don't already have one.

Best wishes!   Hang in there, we're all pulling for you!

- Maria
mom to Sigrid, dx'd @ 11 mos., pumping w'Cozmo since 17 mos (now 26 mos