[IPp] Brooke Gray-switching pumps -MM to Animas-why & how?

Just curious as to why you are switching pumps from the MM508 to the
 Animas-to get more updated features or did you have problems with the M508?
Also, how
long did you have the MM and how,or did you, negotiate with insurance to
 switch? We have had MM508 for 1 and 1/2 years and assume we will have to keep
 for at least 4 yrs. before insurance will even think about covering a different
or newer pump and we are already wishing we had some of the features of the
 newer pumps. MM doesn't offer any type of upgrade deal for the 508 that I have
been able to uncover.  Besides, the paradigm reservoir is rather small for a
growing teenager's insulin needs.

Sherry, mom to Liz, age 14, dx3/01, pumping MM508-5/02