[IPp] Sil Serter

  Does anyone use a sil serter? How do you like the way it works.  Is it
hard to use? I'd like to have my son try them, but only after I get feed
back from others who use them and the inserting device.
   My son uses quick sets with the insertion device, but his numbers always
seem to be different from one set change to the next.  I have him check the
cannula when he takes it out  for crimps, but there are none. I'm not saying
that it never crimps, but we have problems when there doesn't seem to be
anything wrong with the cannula or bubbles in the line.  Sometimes they
absorb well and other times I have to have him change the set after one day
or two.  He doesn't have bumps under the skin where he inserts (or anywhere,
for that fact).
   A friend of mine has a daughter on the comforts, which is Animas' form of
the sils.  The comforts don't come with an inserter yet. They're working on
it. Anyway, her numbers don't seem to waver from set change to set change.
When she had tried the quick sets for a couple months (because she wanted to
try something with an inserter.  She thought the sil serter was too
intimidating), they did fine at first, but then she had the same problem.
When she went back to the comforts, her daughters numbers were fine again.
     I was wondering if it was the angle that made the absorption more even.
    I just would like to hear from others as to their experience with the
sils and the sil serter (especially if you were using quick sets before).
Dianne, Mom to Johnny 10